In order to completely remove ZoneAlarm from your system, please follow the directions below carefully.
If any of the steps below do not apply to you, or you are unable to perform the function listed, please continue to the next step.
- Open the ZoneAlarm program, go to the OVERVIEW > PREFERENCES tab, and make sure the Load At Startup box is unchecked.
- Close the program, then right-click on the ZA icon and select Shutdown.
- Reboot your computer.
- After your computer has rebooted ZoneAlarm will no longer be loaded.
- Now click Start -> Programs -> ZoneAlarm -> Uninstall ZoneAlarm. Be sure to say YES to the security check.
Note: WARNING - Do NOT run the ZoneAlarm Uninstall program while in Safe Mode unless absolutely necessary. The program may not be able to make the proper registry changes in Safe Mode, thus generating errors after a reboot.
- You will be prompted to reboot your computer at the end of the uninstall.
ZoneAlarm is now uninstalled and is not running on your computer.