To back-up your program settings before starting a new installation.
Version 13.x and above:
- Open ZoneAlarm.
- Click on the Tools dropdown menu.
- Click on Preferences.
- In the Backup and Restore Security setting section Click on the Backup button.
- Select your Desktop to save the settings file to.
- Specify a file name in the field provided.
- Click the Save button.
- When completed you will get a notification window letting you know.
- Proceed with your upgrade to ZoneAlarm.
Restore your settings- After installation is completed you can restore your previous settings.
- Open ZoneAlarm
- Click on the Tools dropdown menu
- Click on Preferences
- In the Backup and Restore Security setting section Click on the Restore button.
- Select the Desktop (or the location where you saved the backup)
- Select the file you named during the backup.
- Click Open
When the restore has completed a window will appear confirming this.