If you are experiencing an unprompted connection to the Internet, there are several possible solutions :
- If you use IE, open Internet Explorer -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Security. UN-check 'Check for publishers certificate revocation'.
NOTE - Making this change in IE can work, even if you use another browser.
- If you have made any changes to the program or registration, the program may be trying to register those changes.
- The automatic Check For Updates function can cause this. UN-check the box to Check For Updates.
- In products with anti-virus or anti-spyware, the program may be checking for updates to these features
- Updating some programs (especially connectivity or Chat programs) will often reset their own defaults to always connect automatically.
- Some users report that UN-installing, then reinstalling Dialup Networking resolves this issue.